Amarillo’s Only Tested & Proven
Our High-Tech Solution Waterproofs
Soil Molecules To Prevent Swelling.
A HUGE problem that foundations in the Amarillo area face is soil expansion.
Soil expansion occurs when soil retains moisture. The soil swells, which in turns creates foundation upheaval. This puts your foundation under enormous stress, eventually causing problems like cracks in floors, sticking windows and doors, and uneven surfaces on your property.
Soil expansion causes an estimated $2.3 billion in property damage every year. That’s more than tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes… COMBINED. This is an exceptionally large issue in Texas because of our extreme, unpredictable cycles of drought and rain.
In other words, it’s not a matter of if your soil will cause foundation problems… it’s a matter of when.
EcSS 3000TM Soil Stabilizer
What it is: A scientifically proven soil treatment that prevents foundation and concrete problems.
Why It Works: EcSS 3000 permanently alters soil molecules, making them invulnerable to foundation-damaging shrinking/swelling cycles.
Who It’s For: Residential and commercial properties currently experiencing foundation problems due to soil expansion or who want to prevent foundation upheaval from occurring.
EcSS 3000: The Only Scientifically Proven Soil Stabilizer
Plenty of products exist that claim to fix or prevent soil expansion (lime treatment, potassium treatment, pre-swelling—see why they fail). But none of them actually deliver LASTING results. They either wash away, are scientifically proven to be ineffective… or can even make the problem worse!
So is there an actual solution to stop damaging, high-cost soil expansion? Yes—and we’re proud to be the only company around the Texas Panhandle region that offers it.
Environmental Soil Stabilization LLC (ESSL) is a soil stabilization company with over 40 years in business. In 1993, they developed a groundbreaking soil-stabilization solution called EcSS 3000™.
As proven by three independent studies from major universities (Penn State, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State University), EcSS 3000 stops soil swelling by altering the structure of soil molecules. It permanently changes the characteristics of the charged ions in soil that attract and bind water, thereby reducing swell potential to 1-2%.
At Childers Brothers, we were so impressed when we first saw EcSS 3000 in action that we immediately included it in our product line. In 2014, ESSL put their company up for sale… and we bought it! We are now the only Texas Panhandle foundation contractor that provides this groundbreaking solution.
How EcSS 3000 Solves Foundation Upheaval
1. Water is attracted to negative charges in clay particles. As the clay particles absorb water, those particles get pushed apart. This leads to swelling…
2. When swelling occurs, soil expands. This pushes your foundation upward, causing problems like uneven concrete, cracked floors, and sticking windows/doors…
3. To prevent this from occurring, we inject EcSS 3000 into your soil using precise, high-tech, minimally invasive machinery…
4. EcSS 3000 decreases the negative charges in clay particles to 1-2%. This reduces or altogether eliminates soil swelling…
5. EcSS 3000’s effects are permanent, environmentally safe, and scientifically proven. The result is stable soil that will leave your property on SOLID ground.
A Soil Stabilization Solution That Gets RESULTS
EcSS 3000 has been used on over 200 million square feet of soil on residential and commercial properties. It has been scientifically tested and proven by Penn State, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State University.
In addition to thousands of residential homes, some of our EcSS 3000 customers include…
- D/FW International Airport
- 24-Hour Fitness
- Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority
- U.S. Postal Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- USDA, Rural Develop. Agency
- Texas Dept. of Transportation
- Texas Instruments
- Tarrant County College District
- 7-Up Bottling Company
- Plano ISD
- North Texas Tollway Authority
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- JPI Construction
- Holiday Inn Express
- Dr. Pepper Bottling Company
Scientifically Tested. Scientist Approved.
“The principal cause of swelling in soils is the negative charge emanated by the presence of aluminum atoms in the silicate sheets… if the aluminum atoms do not exist in the silicate layer, the negative charge will be reduced and the soil stabilized.
That’s exactly what the EcSS 3000 soil stabilizer is doing. It’s designed to attack aluminum atoms and leach them out, thus reducing the negative charge and stabilizing the soil. This process is irreversible and permanent.”
–Dr. R.I. Malek
Penn State University
Why Other Soil Stabilization Solutions Can Fail
Other solutions for soil stabilization exist, but they are either ineffective, unproven, or can cause additional problems.
Let’s look at the issues other popular soil-stabilization solutions in the Amarillo area can cause…
- Lime Treatment: This encapsulates the soil and can wash away over time. It can even lead to sulfate-induced upheaval!
- Potassium Treatment: An experimental method proven ineffective by University research.
- Pre-Swelling: A messy, time-consuming process that makes compaction more difficult, does not increase load-bearing capacity of the soil, can lead to settlement issues, and is not permanent.
- Cut-Off Walls And Aprons: Essentially a barrier to prevent groundwater from entering the soil. Cut-off walls and aprons are expensive, intrusive, and offer no guarantees because they do not address the soil itself.
Bottom Line: EcSS 3000 is the only soil stabilizer that is scientifically proven, minimally invasive, and addresses the actual soil.
FREE 27-Point Home Analysis
No Cost. No Obligation. No Pressure.
Need house leveling or foundation repair? Don’t settle on a solution until you know the EXACT cause. Our 27-Point DEEP Analysis pinpoints the precise problem so you have the info you NEED.