Research These 4 Simple Things About Any Foundation Repair Company You’re Considering
Here’s How To Find A PROVEN Foundation Repair Contractor
In West Texas.
BY CORY DAVIS, OWNER
If you need a foundation repair contractor in West Texas, make sure to do your homework. Proper research BEFORE you hire a company can prevent hassles, headaches, and wasted money later.
The good news is that researching a foundation repair company is quick, painless, and easy. Just a few key insights can tell you a lot of what you need to know about a company. Let’s run through these insights one at a time right now.
#1: The Foundation Contractor’s Standing With The Better Business Bureau
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a treasure trove for homeowners looking for information about foundation repair companies. When you look up a company’s BBB page, check for the following:
- The Letter Grade: This reflects how the BBB views a company. Companies with an A+ are the best of the best in the BBB’s eyes.
- Official Accreditation: Look for the “Accredited Business” logo on the company’s profile. Accreditation means the company follows the BBB’s strict protocols.
- History Of Complaints: This shows if any homeowners have had issues with the company. You can also see if the company made a good-faith effort to resolve those issues.
- Customer Reviews: This is where customers (not the BBB) rate the company on a scale of one to five stars.
At Childers Brothers, we’re officially BBB-accredited with an A+ rating. We have a track record of TRUST.
#2: Positive Customer Reviews
One of the best ways to know a company’s reputation is by what their customers say about them. That’s why it’s important to dig into a company’s reviews.
Two things to look for when reading customer reviews are A) the overall star rating and B) the total number of reviews. You want to make sure that a company not only has high marks but also PLENTY of them.
If you’re interested in what our customers say about us, visit our reviews page. You can read hundreds of positive reviews past customers have left us!
#3: The Quality Of The Company’s Website
This isn’t as important as the first two items, but it can still give you key insight into a company.
A company with a professional, high-quality website often means the company takes its reputation seriously. (Like everything else in life, quality websites don’t come cheap!)
If a company has a top-notch site that is easy to navigate and has plenty of useful info? It shows they’re willing to invest in providing you a great experience from the get-go.
Do ALL good foundation repair companies have good websites? No. Some good companies have really lousy sites. But as a whole, a quality website is OFTEN indicative of how much care and professionalism a company puts into its work.
#4: The Quality Of The Company’s Materials
Material quality is something we discuss A LOT on our website. And the reason is simple: It will make or break your project. Period.
Most homeowners don’t know much about foundation repair. So you may not know what’s considered a “quality” material and what’s not.
As such, we recommend exploring some of the following pages on our site. They’ll give you a crash-course in foundation repair materials.
- Why Us: Better Products
- Why Many Foundation Repair Solutions Fail
- We’ve Installed 12,000+ Helical Piers. Here’s The Story Of The 1 That Failed. (blog post)
- Exposing Cheap Foundation Repair In Amarillo: Concrete Push Piles (blog post)
- Exposing Cheap Foundation Repair In Amarillo: Shoring Pads (blog post)
- We’re Not Amarillo’s Cheapest Foundation Repair Company… And You Don’t Want Us To Be (blog post)
You don’t have to read all of them, but it’s a good idea to peruse at least two or three. As a consumer, you can never have TOO much knowledge.
Bottom Line: A Little Due Diligence Goes A Long Way
My advice: No matter which foundation repair contractor you choose, always gather ample objective information. Foundation repair is a pretty mysterious process for the average homeowner. It’s important to do a little due diligence to make the most educated decision possible.
Speaking of due diligence…
Our free 27-Point Foundation Analysis will meticulously uncover the exact problem with any foundation trouble you’re experiencing. To schedule your foundation analysis, get in touch today. We would be honored to hear from you!