Childers Brothers: Odessa, Texas Epoxy Crack Repair Services
Are cracks showing up on your Odessa, Texas property and you’re looking to get them repaired using epoxy adhesives? Call the professionals at Childers Brothers to handle it for you because we use the very best resins in the industry and have decades of experience. The goal: keep your concrete looking good and performing well for many years to come.
Is Epoxy Crack Repair Suitable?
Once our technician arrives for your free consultation, they’re going to go through a quick checklist to determine whether epoxy crack repair is the right solution. Let’s briefly look at a few:
- Moving Cracks: Epoxy is suited for non-moving cracks. While our resins are going to have incredible bonding strength (higher than the concrete itself), they’re ineffective if the foundation is currently sinking, shifting, moving, etc. We’re looking most often for horizontal foundation cracks.
- Waterproofing: Yes, it can be applied to most interior and exterior concrete surfaces, but the bond strength of even the mightiest epoxy resin is going to show a significant decrease when applied to a wet or non-sealed surface.
- Causation: We never start repairing cracks before determining exactly what’s causing them in the first place. This is to ensure epoxy injection is the right solution, then provide ‘done right, done once’ work, and dramatically decrease the likelihood of cracks quickly reappearing.
We want the perfect resin with the right viscosity to flow through the cracks as thoroughly as possible to provide as much bonding as possible.
More Information on Concrete Cracking
You can tell a lot about the state of your concrete by the cracks that appear in it. Not only the concrete itself but what it’s placed upon. Let’s take a second to see what other cracks tell us:
- Jagged Cracks: When you start seeing jagged cracks with three-point patterns, or as some call them stair cracks, this is usually a sign that soil beneath the concrete is shrinking and there are voids.
- Web-Like Cracking: Shallow, almost superficial, web-like cracking patterns usually signify plastic shrinkage.
- Parallel Cracks: This is likely not relevant to you unless you’re concerned about fresh concrete. Parallel cracks typically signify your concrete slab’s reinforcement locations need support.
- Moving Cracks: Now we’re talking structural failure — one side of the crack is higher than the other — and there are active fissures breaking concrete into independent chunks which could also be moving.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Concrete Specialist
Homeowners contact Childers Brothers for epoxy crack repair in Odessa. When you get in touch with us, we’ll schedule you for a free and high-value consultation where our highly-trained technician will determine what’s going on with your concrete, analyze the facts, diagnose the next best steps relative to the cause of the issue, and provide you with a transparent and competitive quote.
We have proudly served well over 15,000 customers since the early 1970s, and we would be honored to hear from you.